2 Weekend Updates

 Saturday, April 13, 2013

Life lately for the Chapmans:
Last Friday for date night we tried a new Mexican restaurant, called Chevy's. The food was probably a 7 or 8 out of 10. It was good, but not FANTASTIC LET'S GO BACK, ya know what I'm saying? I ordered an enchilada with a citrus taco (comes with beans, spanish rice and sweet potato) and James ordered the fajita burrito with beans, rice, & potato. Our server was really nice, so that's a plus. 
We've been really into watching Prison Break, so that is what we did after dinner, of course with our favorite ice cream.
 Saturday I was able to watch both amazing sessions of General Conference. All wonderful talks, as always! I also saw my good friend Blake Wassom singing in the BYU choir that sang during the Saturday afternoon session!  
Saturday night I celebrated some friends' birthdays and we had an in depth discussion about gospel topics. I am so thankful to have wonderful LDS friends here. Sorry, I forgot pics! Sunday I watched another two marvelous sessions of conference and enjoyed the Spirit in my home. 

This past Friday, I had my regular Friday dance rehearsal with my dancers for my dance practicum. My dance is really coming along, I am looking forward to the show on April 26th! 
 My good friend & my dancer Sara! She is excited because I brought her leftover Easter candy!
Random throwback pencil sharpener in the dance room!

Ixchel and I went shopping at Last Chance, the clearance of Nordstrom! For those who are not familiar with Last Chance, the Nordstrom clothes are passed to Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and then Last Chance. I bought 5 super cute tops for just $30! 
(Mom & Pi wanted to see pics)

For Friday night date night, James and I went out to dinner with our awesome bffs Than & Ixchel (Rex was babysat) to Olive Garden! I forgot to take pics, sorry! 
Saturday, (today), I went to my boss's baby shower! Jodi is the assistant manager at the Chase bank branch I work at. She is due at the beginning of May, and her baby girl's name will be Reaghan (pronounced Ray-gan, it's the Irish spelling because her hubby is from Ireland)! The shower was so cute and a lot of fun. I went with the other ladies at the branch, my awesome coworkers! 
Today was also my first time making homemade salsa! It turned out really yummy! James will be so pleased, because he goes through chips and salsa just about as fast as he goes through ice cream! Salsa & ice cream are necessities in our household.  
Here is the recipe with pictures!

Serves 28 oz. Prep Time 5 minutes
Ingredients:
1 (14 oz) low-sodium canned diced tomatoes

1 (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes

1/2 small onion

1 smashed garlic clove
1 jalapeno (optional)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin

handful fresh chopped cilantro

1 lime juiced and zest

Directions:
Put canned diced tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes, onion, garlic clove, jalapeno (optional), Splenda, table salt, cumin, medium handful of washed cilantro, the juice and zest of 1 lime into a blender/food processor and pulse for 30 seconds until ingredients are to your desired consistency.
recipe picture
My picture! So you can see the salsa looks the same!

Our weekend will continue to be great with church tomorrow! 
P.S. the professional pictures from the Second Year Send Off are here! I updated the post about the party, so the pictures are now on there to view, and you should definitely check them out because they are SO cute! Scroll down towards the end of the post, and click here to view them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP